Thursday, May 20, 2010

Anyone ever work at a call center, recharging peoples phone card minutes?

I'm getting into what looks to be a great career path, I just want to know what to expect from a job like this. I will be processing peoples wireless phone card minutes, doesn't sound too complicated but appearently there is a whole week long orientation so I just hope i'm not getting in over my head, after all this will be my first 'real' job.

Anyone ever work at a call center, recharging peoples phone card minutes?
Sounds easy enough. Just listen and take in as much as you can so you know what your doing whn you start.
Reply:Hmmm...





Well, I'm not sure if it's the exact same thing you are speaking of. But I know of someone who worked at a call center of some type, and I think it was for Cingular. They took a lot of stress on a daily basis...they had to 'decide' whether to credit this and that person's minutes back for this and that reason. Of course, with all Customer Service positions...people can be very rude. They want everything, and they want it now...they also want you to read their minds without describing their problems. Or, they want you to tell them what is wrong with their phone/plan/minutes right over the phone, because they say that something isn't working properly and they "don't want the service if it isn't any good." lol





Do you enjoy talking on the phone and have a good phone voice? I'm a guy...I get sick and tired of people (credit card companies, etc.) mistaking me for a 'ma'am' on the phone, because I have an odd accent. But if you don't mind talking on the phone and repeating the same words/procedures to someone all hours of the day...then by all means, go for it. :-)

Fillings

No comments:

Post a Comment