Saturday, November 14, 2009

Which cell phone models can use SIM cards from different countries?

If I live in the Middle East and the US, can I buy one cell phone that will fit each regoin's SIM card?





Right now, I have a lower end Nokia. The SIM card holder will only fid SIM cards for the country I live in. I'm thinking if I shell out more money or go with a different model, I won't have to have two phones.





Thanks,


T.

Which cell phone models can use SIM cards from different countries?
it depends on the frequency it operates. i have a triband phone that works for 800/900/1800 Mhz. so, i can use it in countries that use gsm bands of 800/900/1800 Mhz.





check your phone on the net and verify the frequency it operates on and then check the countries you are going to to see what kind of gsm band they use.





the sim card is the same all over the world, it is general standard, so you don't have to worry about putting the sim inside the phone.


No comments:

Post a Comment