Monday, May 17, 2010

I have a salon and i want something i can use my phone and my credit cards machine at the same time.?

Sister is on the phone and credit cards machine is not working while she on it. So is there anything machine that i can use for one phone line while my credit cards machine and the phone uses at the same time??

I have a salon and i want something i can use my phone and my credit cards machine at the same time.?
There are 2 possibilities:


1. Get a 2nd phone line


2. Get a DSL line with a mini-PBX. This is basically the same as getting a 2nd physical 'line' but the electronics of the DSL system puts 2 virtual lines onto a single physical line.





You'll have to call your phone company to find out which one is cheaper. Also... ask them if your credit card machine will be able to transmit and receive over DSL. Sometimes the modems inside those machines will not work over certain types of DSL modems.





.
Reply:Also, talk to your credit card service provider. A lot of machines now use a broadband internet connection instead of the telephone dial-in system. Actually, most of the larger stores use only internet now since it's so much faster.





I don't have internet in my salon, why should I get a dedicated internet for it? Well chances are its about the same price as a second line anyways. Internet can make life easier for you. It's a great way to stay in touch with suppliers and a source of entertainment on slow days.

ice skates

No comments:

Post a Comment